Summary of Skills
- Multichannel experience design
- User research and usability testing
- Wireframes, journey maps, user flows
- iOS, Android interface design
- Sketch, Adobe CC, Microsoft Office
- Physical and digital prototyping
- B2B, B2C eCommerce
- Staff leadership and development
Syracuse University – Martin J. Whitman School of Management
Masters of Business Administration, Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies
Southern Illinois University
B.A., Music History & Literature; Music Business
User Experience Lead – Emerson
June 2015 – Present
- Establish a User Experience practice within Emerson. Establish a User Experience practice within Emerson’s residential retail division. Drive experience design culture and best practices throughout product management, marketing, and new product development.
- Product design contributions of both hardware and software for Sensi, a top-rated rated Wi-Fi Thermostat on Amazon.com and winner of the 2016 J.D. Power Smart Thermostat Satisfaction Report. Work included collaborative design studio sessions, holistic experience and service design, and reusable software design pattern library for web, iOS, & Android platforms.
- Lead experience design efforts and partner with like teams at Amazon, Google, and Apple for product portfolio integration into Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit connected home platforms.
Design Lead – Monsanto
October 2013 – June 2015
- Establish a User Experience and Interface Design practice for Monsanto’s Research & Development I.T. division with a focus on reducing the cycle time between ideation of new products to commercialization.
- Creation and customer validation of Velocity, a user interface design system and UX pattern library for web and mobile applications, which led to reduced development cycle time and consistency across multiple channels. Data-driven decisions ascertained from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Created extensive journey and ecosystem maps for various customer profiles which led to a stronger understanding of customer needs and identified several latent needs for digital product improvements.
Sr. UX Designer – Asynchrony/World Wide Technology
December 2011 – January 2013
- Integrate with agile scrum teams for experience design of several web and mobile applications for Fortune 500 clients like Sotheby’s International Realty, Kaiser Permanente Healthcare, and Bridgewater and Associates.
- Supported custom, enterprise-grade mobile application suite with complete experience design treatment, including requirements gathering, ethnographic research, persona development, wireframes, prototypes, usability evaluations and journey maps.
- Experience and service design of an app store submission portal for the United States Army and United States Department of Defense (U.S. Army Marketplace).
User-Centered Designer – Sigma-Aldrich
June 2008 – December 2011
- Redesign of Sigma-Aldrich.com. Work included ethnographic research, journey mapping, persona development, wireframes, usability evaluations, and co-located development coordination with offshore teams in Pune and Bangalore, India.
- Continuous improvement through the agile design of chemical synthesis and life science eCommerce content and related online marketing vehicles with an average transactional volume of $2.1M USD/day.
- Agile experience design and customer validation for an user-centered custom product configurator application with top-line revenue impacts of $5.2M USD/year.
Saint Louis Design Week – October 3, 2016
Ten Crack Commandments of Enterprise UX is a humorous look at what would happen if Christopher Wallace, a/k/a Biggie Smalls, took an alternate career path as a user experience professional at a large company.View on SlideshareView on Slideshare
Tech on Tap – June 14, 2017
Designing IoT details the trials and tribulations of designing connected products in a highly-competitive industry. The talk covers the UCD process, as well as the types of reserach conducted, to bring the Sensi Touch thermostat to market.View TalkView Talk
STLX Conference – September 25, 2017
Designing Connected Products Customers Love is the natural evolution of Designing IoT, with a deeper, more focused look at how our our design process played nice with our company’s new product development process in the launch of two new connected thermostats.View TalkView Talk